It may be summer break for some, but Miami Hamilton Downtown will still be hopping all month long:
- Independence Day Celebration: Join the SUSI (Study of the U.S. Institute on Civic Engagement) Fellows from several Middle Eastern countries as they celebrate the downtown Independence Day parade with us! 10 a.m. July 4.
- Ma Crow & Lady Slippers: The “Downhome, Downtown” series presents this all-female band from Cincinnati — a 2013 Cincinnati Entertainment Award nominee featuring Bluegrass, Americana, and Old-time Mountain music. Ma Crow is a legendary acoustic artist and a CAMMY (a Cincinnati Grammy) award winner. 7 p.m. Monday, July 7
- Creativa Convergence: an “open mic” opportunity for local talent that meets the second Saturday of every month. 5 – and 10- minute slots are available (sign up begins at 7 p.m.). No censorship, hate speech, or violence. Content at Creativa is geared toward adults, so parental discretion is advised. For info, email email@example.com. 7:30 p.m. July 12.
- Urban Gardening: Alfred Hall of Hamilton Urban Garden Systems (HUGS) brings his knowledge of “Vertigrowing (Living Walls)” to local gardeners and ‘wannabes’! Noon, July 14.
- Tracy Walker: Her “soulful Neo Folk songs are made transcendent by her stunning voice, a powerful instrument that sends chills up the spines of most anyone within hearing distance with a heart,” according to CityBeat. 7 p.m. July 14.
- Hamilton! Unplugged!: Drag that old, dusty guitar or ukulele out of the closet and join us the third Wednesday of each month for a good, old -fashioned jam session! Beginners are welcome, along with experienced pickers. Any acoustic instrument is okay! 6 p.m. July 16.
- Sonny Moorman: The “Monday Night Blues” series presents local guitar hero Sonny Moorman, a finalist in the band category at the International Blues Challenge and runner up in the solo/duo category. He has been named “Blues Artist on the Rise” by Blues Festival Guide Magazine and was a “Just Plain Folks” nominee for song and album of the year.
- Music Café: While renovation is underway at the Fitton Center’s Benninghofen Theater, the Music Café relocates to MUHD! Come enjoy melodies from all genres, including everything from folk music and worldly sounds to bluegrass and hard rock. Musicians come from all over southwestern Ohio to per-form, and new acts are always welcome to share their talents! Go to fittoncenter.org/musiccafe. 7 p.m. July 22.
- The Cure for Technophobia: Don’t know where to start when it comes to technology? Join the Lane Libraries Technology Center staff as they attempt to assuage those fears and get you more comfortable with those “new-fangled things.” 7 p.m. July 23.
- Wingwalkers: The “Friday Night Music” series presents Doug Hamilton, Michael Kalter and Noah Cope in a very improvisational style, “walking the musical wing’ with rolling changes in tempo, arrangement, and their environment. 7 p.m. July 25.
- Classics & the Classical: Steve Hoock and the Fort Hamilton Jazz Band will light up Journal Square! We’ll be inside, of course, if the weather doesn’t cooperate. 7 p.m. July 28.
- The SUSI Fellows will present their Civic Action Plans and overall experience during the Institute. SUSI Poster Presentations 4-5:30pm SUSI Group Presentation 5:30-6:30pm. July 29.
Miami Hamilton Downtown is located at 221 High Street at the Alexander Hamilton statue.