Chaco Credit Union put its philosophy of “People Helping People” into action during the seventh annual Chaco Gives Back Day on October 12th, 2015.
Each year, Chaco Credit Union employees gather on Columbus Day to volunteer for non-profits around Hamilton, Fairfield, Oxford, and West Chester. This year, more than 500 hours of service were given by 75 volunteers at 12 local organizations.
Giving back to the community is a way of life at Chaco, and Community Enrichment Day is a highlight for the staff.
“Our entire team looks forward to this day. We are grateful for what these philanthropies mean to our community. We are happy to help where we can” said Jim Schultheiss, Chaco Credit Union President/CEO. “Our impact can be seen in local scholarships, member rewards, substantial sponsorships, monetary donations, and kindness inside our service centers.”
Chaco’s Community Enrichment Day 2015 included the following contributions:
- Games with residents at Berkley Square and Butler County Care Facility
- Landscaping, mulching, and painting at Butler County Board of Developmental Disabilities and Mother Teresa Catholic School
- Cleaning DVD cases and preparing for events at Fairfield and Hamilton Lane Libraries
- Cleaning cages, garage and animal care at Animal Friends Humane Society
- Cleaning cars and replacing window screens at Focus on Youth
- Laundering, packaging clothing and/or working in the clothing store at Oxford’s Woman’s Care Center and Serve City
- Sorting donations and preparing for events at Open Door Pantry and Shared Harvest Food Bank
Search #chacogivesback on Instagram to view all of our pictures from the day. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for highlight pictures, news, contests, and promotions.