The City of Hamilton will have Trick or Treat this year from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday, October 31.
This event will happen rain or shine, so please plan accordingly. Residents wishing to participate in Trick or Treat should turn on their patio lights.
Trick or Treat Safety Tips
- Plan your Trick or Treat route in advance. Choose direct routes and avoid crossing the street unnecessarily. Make sure to stay on the sidewalks (when possible) and obey all traffic control signs. When crossing the street, use crosswalks and look both ways before crossing.
- Trick or Treat in a group and stay together. For large groups and groups with small children take along an adult – Adults can dress up too!
- Think through your costumes – Make sure that costumes fit well and wont trip you up along the way. Check the weather before you leave home and dress appropriately for the temperature. Consider adjusting your costume with reflective tape, stickers, glow sticks, flashlights, and other light up devices to make sure you are visible to drivers.
- Ensure that all candy is sealed and in the original wrapper.
Take your time! Rushing and running around can often lead to unsafe decisions so remain cautious when Trick or Treating.
- Last but not least, have fun!